[Closed Beta signup] Developer Team17 has revealed the first details of Worms Rumble, the brand-new instalment in the iconic and multi-award-winning Worms franchise, which this year celebrates its 25th anniversary. Announced today for PlayStation 4, 5, and PC, the game is set for a late 2020 launch. Worms Rumble will be the first in the series to feature real-time combat and multi-platform cross-play with up to 32 players in a range of arena maps, including a multi-levelled shopping mall – complete with its own ballistic missile silo.
Worms Rumble will be supported by regular content updates featuring new arenas and customizations. Players will be able to level up their Worm and progress through the ranks, earning new weapons skins and character customizations, accessories and emotes as they go. Today’s announcement reveals some of the weapons available in Worms Rumble at launch, including the Baseball Bat, Hand Cannon, Bazooka, Assault Rifle, and Shotgun.
Worms Rumble features:
● Worms goes real-time: Every round is in REAL TIME. When enemies rain down fire, unleash heck right back!
● Up-to-32-player, cross-platform multiplayer: Play across PlayStation generations and PC, with Deathmatch and Last Worm Standing solo and squad battle royale modes available at launch
● Classic Weapons/New Ways to Play: Arm Worms with new and returning fan-favorite weapons, including the Bazooka, Holy Hand Grenade, and Hand Cannon
● Events, Challenges and “The Lab”: Take part in seasonal events, daily and community challenges, and experiment with new gameplay mechanics and weapons in “The Lab”
● Player Customizations: Earn XP and in-game currency to unlock and purchase weapon skins, outfits, accessories and emotes. Players create their personal style for the battlefield