Are you playing Dungeon N Fighter ? If you are, you will know that the game’s developer is Neople. In this post, I will be taking you around Neople’s Korea Headquarters. Before that, ket’s have a brief look at the developer’s history. The studio was founded in 2001, and its first game was titled “LoveLove Studio”, which was quickly followed by “Candy Bar“. Yes, the game is still up, you can access its official website by clicking on the game name. In 2004, the very first Closed Beta for Dungeon N Fighter hit the Korean gaming market. In 2005, the game went into its Commercial Launch and the start of the various DnF championships. The studio has since been busy globalizing the game into various languages till now.
Without further a due, let’s start the tour of the Neople Headquarters. Please note that the video is in Chinese/Korean, but I will be translating the tour below. Kindly use Internet Explorer to view this post of my blog, I had trouble using FireFox to play the video.
1. Welcome to Neople Headquarters, and here is our lovely Korean guide, who is also Neople’s Marketing Manager. The other lady is the in-house Korean-Chinese translator.
2. After some brief history of Neople, the guide explains the company is currently focusing only on Dungeon N Fighter. The building’s 2nd to 7th floors are the offices for DnF. The 2nd and 3rd floor are the development floors for DnF. Let us start the tour at 2nd floor’s recording studio.
3. The recording studio, where the voices (or noises) for the game is recorded.
4. After a long time in the studio, let’s proceed to the main development studio on the 3rd floor, where people will have to scan their fingerprint before being allowed access (secretive shiet).
5. The big picture on the wall is formed by all Neople staff’s picture (including overseas) when Dungeon N Fighter hit 1 million users logged in at the same time for the 3 servers (Korea, Japan and China).
6. All discussions, brainstorming and meetings are held in this office. The room behind (with the big TV and sofa) is the resting room for the staff, as some staff need to work late or overnight. Most (or rather all) of the staff are at a meeting now, hence the office is empty.
7. The 4th floor is where the Overseas Department is. The contacts for the various DnF servers are all located here, including the American server of course. “Antarctic Ocean” is the name of the meeting room here, and each meeting room in the building has a different name and color code.
The video died around here for me, but fret not, here are the pictures ~!!!
The building where Neople is located in.
The reception area.
Some of the DnF products on display.
One of the many staff resting rooms.
The recording studio.
The main development office.
The overseas department and one of the many meeting rooms.
The DnF promotional company cars.
The company is currently hiring for quite a few positions, most probably for their new games.