With big companies such as Nexon, Netmarble, NCsoft, and Com2uS missing from G-Star 2021, it is once again the chance for fellow competitors to grab the spotlight. There is none bigger than Kakao Games, which is the main sponsor for this year’s show. One of the few new titles shown by the rising giant is Goddess Order, the second game from developer LoadComplete. If you did not know, this is the team which made Crusaders Quest! And of course there is a debut trailer.
Multiple media outlets were able to interview the CEO and Project Director of LoadComplete, so here are the few points which we have summarized below. Read on for more details!
• LoadComplete has been around for 12 years, and they launched Crusaders Quest back in 2014. 7 years on, they are now presenting Goddess Order.
• Goddess Order is a 2D pixel art action RPG which emphasize 3 elements: immersive and exciting battles by direct manipulation, beautiful pixel art, and console-style worldviews and scenarios.
• Together with Kakao Games, the game is scheduled to launch in 2022 (no specific regions mentioned).
• Right now, the game is about 70% ready, with the foundations of the game already implemented. Next steps include improving the game and discussing business model.
• Global service is confirmed under Kakao Games.
• The team went back to pixel art/ dot graphics, similar to Crusader Quest, as they felt that “there are unique romances, dreams and hopes that can be expressed with dots.” And also they are really good at this. And also that gamers demanded it.
• Side-scrolling combat is used as the team felt it can “increase the density of battles.” Since players only have to deal with the enemies on the horizontal axis, unnecessary controls can be reduced. They also felt that the vertical axis should only have simplified functions.
• The world of Goddess Order and Crusader Quest are not linked, both are independent titles.
• There is a mix of both manual and automated combat.
• Goddess Order was only showcased at G-Star 2021, but not playable (not even a demo). The game is not ready to be played yet.
• There are many action moves such as parry in Goddess Order. These actions are inspired by fighting games from Capcom and SNK, while to some extent also influenced by Dark Souls.
• In Crusader Quest, the “Goddess” was a very important element both in story and gameplay. Goddess Order deals with the story of recovering the book “Goddess Order” which contains various skills, knowledge, and magic.