A few days back, developer and publisher Square Enix launched Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier, the battle royale action mobile game set in the world of Final Fantasy VII. The game has since entered Season 1 as well, titled “Rise of Shinra.” Set in Midgar prior to the events of Final Fantasy VII, players will embark on an intense battle royale experience where they must fight to be the last SOLDIER standing.
Due to the game immense number of players, it had to be brought down for a lengthy server maintenance on launch day. However, the game has since recovered and Square Enix announced today it has achieved the 1 million downloads milestone. Set in Midgar prior to the events of FINAL FANTASY VII, players will embark on an intense battle royale experience where they must fight to be the last SOLDIER standing.
• Warrior – This Style’s strength comes from close-ranged melee attacks.
• Sorcerer – Specializing in mid-ranged AoE attacks; this Style’s basic magic spells Fire, Blizzard and Thunder are powered up.
• Monk – A high-vitality Style which comes with self-healing and shield abilities.
• Ranger – Skilled in seeking out enemies and sniping them from afar.
• Ninja – Perfect for stealth and ambush attacks, this Style comes equipped with a double jump.
In addition to other SOLDIER candidates, players must also contend with ferocious monsters who inhabit the outskirts of the city. By defeating them, players can gain experience needed to level up and unlock new weapons. Classic FINAL FANTASY elements abound in the game, such as rideable chocobos, powerful espers, including Ifrit, to summon and materia, which enables players to cast devastating spells. Players can customize their characters’ outfits and accessories, obtain various weapon and vehicle skins, emotes and more to create their own unique SOLDIER.