Mobile gaming titan Netmarble recently announced its financial results for the 3rd quarter of 2019 (July to September), and don’t worry the company is not closing down any time soon. In fact, with around USD 73 million net profit in just 3 months, it is laughing all the way to the bank. Other than highlighting the 4 games confirmed for G-Star 2019, the suspiciously missing Seven Knights 2 was asked by an investor during Q&A. Details below!
● Seven Knights 2 is still scheduled to launch in South Korea in the 2nd quarter of 2020 (April to June). But from my personal experience, big titles like this tends to get delayed.
● Originally scheduled for launch in the 4th quarter of 2019 (October to December), Seven Knights 2 was slightly pushed back due to a lack of “core game characteristics” and “unique factors.”
● Still, Netmarble did not mention why Seven Knights 2 is not taking part in G-Star 2019, which isn’t that far away from the 2nd quarter of 2020.
● Seven Knights 2 and Seven Knights Revolution, as expected, are 2 different games. Seven Knights Revolution is a mobile MMORPG where players can collect hero cards and transform into them. Meanwhile, Seven Knights 2 is a full-feature mobile MMORPG.
● Seven Knights Revolution is scheduled for the 2nd half of 2020, which means it is launching later than Seven Knights 2 if everything goes according to plan.
● A3: Still Alive and Magic: ManaStrike is scheduled to launch in the first quarter of 2020.
● Roughly translated as Second Kingdom: Cross Winds, this new mobile MMORPG is scheduled to launch in the 2nd half of 2020.
● Second Kingdom: Cross Winds is in development by Netmarble Neo, the internal team which built Lineage 2 Revolution. With Japanese studio Level-5 taking part, Second Kingdom: Cross Winds is inspired by the first Ni no Kuni game which Studio Ghibli was involved in as well. This new title will use music created by Joe Hisaishi, the composer behind the 2 Ni no Kuni games.
● Netmarble is preparing its mobile game based on The Seven Deadly Sins for global launch in the first quarter (January to March) next year. Once again, this will most likely get delayed for a few months. If you did not know, the Korean and Japanese servers have already launched earlier this year.