French mobile games developer Oh BiBi yesterday announced it has secured a USD 21 Million Series B investment, led by investment company Atomico (of Supercell, Rovio, Teatime and Bossa Studios investment fund fame), with participation by venture capital firm Korelya. Oh BiBi, whose mobile-first arcade racing title SUP has already attracted over 30 million downloads to date, are now taking on the USD 9 billion+ shooter genre with the soft launch of their debut hero shooter title, FRAG, exclusively for iOS and Android devices.
Confident about the investment, Oh BiBi co-founder and COO Martial Valery said that they will now challenge Fortnite’s claim for best mobile shooter with FRAG. Interestingly, FRAG has only been in development for 6 months. Other than gameplay, Oh BiBi have added a social platform within FRAG which goes beyond the game itself integrating communication and video sharing into the heart of the experience. These social features seamlessly help gamers record and socialise their FRAG experience with everyone across their networks.
FRAG features include:
REAL-TIME TEAM DUELS!
• Challenge thousands of players online in SHORT BUT EPIC 3 minute real-time 1v1 matches.
• First-Person View and Control – Shoot AUTOMATICALLY.
• SWITCH RAPIDLY between your heroes and gain the advantage.
• Dying isn’t that bad: RESPAWN INSTANTLY as another character.
ASSEMBLE THE MIGHTIEST TEAM!
• Build your BATTLE DECK to fit your game style: offensive, defensive or balanced.
• Over 40 UNIQUE CHARACTERS to choose from to craft your battle deck.
• UPGRADE your character to make them stronger.
MAKE FRIENDS, RIVALS, AND BECOME A SUPER STAR!
• FRAG is a social experience designed with SHARING in mind.
• RECORD AND SHARE your games and decks, and check others to improve your skills.
• Join a CLUB or create your own to become a famous team.
• Expand your FAN BASE to become POPULAR.