Nexon Korea, looking to expand its global mobile outreach, recently soft-launched Pocket MapleStory in Australia, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden for Android devices. The side-scrolling action mobile RPG is developed by Nexon’s internal studio, and retains several features of the popular PC online game. Pocket MapleStory will be released globally after the soft-launch and testing phases.
Heralded as the definitive version of the original PC game, Pocket MapleStory allows players to craft the perfect hero squad and master each character’s skills and strengths to battle their way through a grand adventure like no other on their mobile device. Pocket MapleStory features:
1. A complete MMORPG experience on a mobile device featuring more than 1,500 quests
2. The first mobile version with real-time online multiplayer that enables network party play
3. Three different heroes, Duel Blade, Angerlic Buster and Demon Slayer each with different skills and fighting styles
4. Fun rivalry with the Dungeon and Guild system to compete with friends online
5. Personalization of characters and items
6. Bright and colorful graphics reminiscent of the original PC game