[Game website] Today, developer Gazillion Entertainment officially announced that Marvel Heroes 2015, the super-powered free-to-play action-RPG for PC and Mac, will level up to Marvel Heroes 2016 this December. While Marvel Heroes 2015 was focused on turning things around, Marvel Heroes 2016 represents an initiative to continue this momentum with regular releases of game updates.
Full details will be provided in the weeks to come – they’re far too many for one mere press release to handle – but highlights of some of the most notable features to be released include the following, beginning this December and throughout 2016:
· “Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle alien Skrulls of all shapes and sizes, including the Super-Skrull himself, Kl’rt, who makes his long-awaited, much requested Marvel Heroes debut.
· Controller Support: One of the community’s most requested features.
· Visual Updates: Revamped looks for characters introduced during Marvel Heroes’ 2013 launch window.
· Leaderboards: Something new and interesting to do every night. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually.
· Steam Achievements: Players loved the new in-game achievements added to Marvel Heroes 2015 – now, the feature extends to Steam with nearly 100 of them.
· Mac Out of Beta: The Mac version has been in beta for over a year now. Not anymore.
· “All-New All-Different” Material: Keeping things current with what is happening in the greater Marvel landscape to a greater degree than ever, such as the current “All-New All-Different” comics, while still also continuing to honor over 75 years of comic history.
· Thanos Raid: The Mad Titan makes his Marvel Heroes debut.
· Savage Land Patrol Zone: A never-ending gauntlet of dinosaurs, sadistic mutates and more!