On 8th August, Age of Wushu China will be getting its biggest content update ever, introducing the new area, Jianghu. While things have been “kind” in the current area, Wulin, players are expected to be tested at every corner of Jianghu. Here is a brief look at some of the new features exclusive to the new region.
1. There will be 4 new status: Stamina, Hunger, Thirst and Body temperature.
2. Stamina – When stamina depletes, character’s attack decreases as well. Every fixed period, a chunk of maximum HP will be lost. The character will be plagued with an unknown disease as well.
3. Hunger – If hunger depletes, so will stamina. Food must be consumed periodically in Jianghu.
4. Thirst – If the character gets more thirsty, stamina will drop. Players must find sources of water to replenish their fluids.
5. Body temperature – There are places which are extremely hot or extremely cold, and body temperature will affect the hunger and thirst. For cold areas, players must wear thicker clothing. If character’s body temperature is too high, he or she will get diseases.
6. Mentioned above, characters will get diseases. There are 6 main types of diseases, and each require different medication to cure.
7. In Jianghu, there is no safe area. Players can forge various types of traps at the designated NPC with the right materials and ambush others to snatch their “resources”.
8. Resources include food, water and so on. Players can cook raw meat and turn them into food sources.
9. In such a dangerous region, guilds can roll out in a group and establish a guild flag in an area. Traps’ negative effects will be stopped, and aid guild members in recovery. (Sounds like a open world guild vs guild to me)
10. Dying in Jianghu due to reasons such as falling, hunger, diseases etc will have a chance to cause an item from the bag or equipment slots to drop. Dead players are given 1 hour to recover the dropped item/s, while other players will have a chance to grab them too…
11. Killing your enemy (another player) will cause he or she to drop a random item as well. The item dropped is based on how deep the hatred is (I suppose there is a value for this).