Entering its debut test phase next month, Fantasy Frontier is the latest game from Taiwanese developer X-Legend, which introduced the world to titles such as Eden Eternal and Grand Fantasia. Here are more details about the game, thanks to Marcelo Ricardo.
1. Story-telling is 1 of the major features in the game, where players will be part of it, instead of begin just a passer-by.
2. The developers are aiming for a “living world” concept where NPCs are not just static figures and each town having the same template of blacksmith, merchant etc. Players can talk to them to find out information about events, or even steal a ride on a passing cart.
3. There are currently 6 races planned: Human, Leo (lion humanoid), Goblin, Dwarf, Birdmen and Werewolf (all names unconfirmed). Each race will have their own unique social and behavioural treads, something which players will experience via scenarios.
4. There is no Mana Points (MP) system in the game, similar to Saint Seiya Online. The developers feel that having a cool-down system is enough restriction for a positive combat experience.
5. There are 2 categories of stats for players to add, Offensive and Defensive. Under Offensive, there are Damage, Critical and Speed. Under Defensive, there are HP, Defence and Dodge.
6. There are 6 item grades: White, Blue, Green (dungeon drop), Orange (crafted), Purple (PvP) and Gold. Purple gears are for PvP, and will not have bonuses when being worn for PvE, in fact worse than Orange ones.
7. The developers initially planned for Fantasy Frontier to be a full non-target action MMORPG. However, this will prove to be a barrier for players who are no as skilled in controls. While the core combat is still the traditional one, some new combat features will be introduced.
8. While there is still a failure rate in upgrading gears, gears will never go “boom” or drop down levels. Costumes will also not just be cash items, as they can be found in the game now.