Yes yes, it has been a busy morning since all my sources are flooded with Lineage Eternal’s news. While most of them are repeated,I managed to chance upon an interview taken by Japanese gaming website, 4Gamer.net, with the game’s lead development team (below). While I am not translating the whole interview due to my incapability in the language, here are some confirmed details from the script.
1. Lineage Eternal’s storyline takes place 200 years after the Lineage storyline, with familiar characters included in the storyline and world view as well. Note that Lineage II is the prequel of Lineage, set 150 years before. Lineage Eternal will be the “oldest” in terms of timeline.
2. Lineage Eternal is still under prototype development and the percentage of completion is unavailable now.
3. Lineage Forever, the originally rumored title, is a different project, it is not Lineage Eternal. (Me: What ?!)
4. Lineage Eternal has been in development for 3 years now with 80 members.
5. The classes now are Knight, Mage and Spirit Archer, with 2 or 3 more to be added.
6. Terrains and destructive environments will play a big part in combat, touted as a “new combat experience”.
7. No plans to port the game over to other platforms, with in-house testing scheduled in the 2nd half of 2012.
8. Even with many events going on in one screen due to the massive war, a high end system is not needed as NCsoft will scale the game accordingly to everyone’s needs. The goal is to have up to 500 moving objects (players, monster) on screen during massive wars.
9. The quarter view, or isometric view, is coined as “Smart View” system in Lineage Eternal. The camera angle is not fixed, players can still rotate and zoom in or out.
10. The PK system outside of warfare will be different from Lineage or Lineage II, since open PK may stress players. Lineage Eternal is taking a different approach to this system and in the current plan, it is not mentioned as “PK”.
11. The “Drag and Hold” feature will not detect complex gestures, with the normal straight line or circular motions being detected easily.
12. Lineage Eternal is developed from scratch as a “global project”, hence players should expect to see it hit Japan in the near future.