Back in September, the founder of XLGAMES and legendary games developer (Lineage 1) Mr Jake Song first revealed that the development of ArcheAge 2 has started using Unreal Engine 5. Last week during G-Star 2020, he was invited to give a chat during the “IGC x G-CON” event (basically an indie games developer gathering). These forums took place online instead of live sessions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While Mr Jake Song talked about several other topics, we shall only touch on points related to ArcheAge 2. Read on below!
1. While the story of ArcheAge is about life on Haranya (East continent) and Nuia (West continent), ArcheAge 2 will be mainly about the founding and settling of Auroria (North continent) the original homeland of Humans, Elves and Dwarves. This will take place 2,000 years before the current story, which makes ArcheAge 2 a prequel in terms of lore.
2. The theme of ArcheAge 2 will remain the same as ArcheAge, which is “exploration.”
3. The many features of ArcheAge have weak connections, and the aim is to connect them closer in ArcheAge 2 in different groups. For example, features such as trading, player housing, farming, crafting etc will be a group which synergizes with each other.
4. As mentioned earlier, the story will focus on Auroria (North continent), so there will not be any war between Haranya (East continent) and Nuia (West continent). Instead, all wars will take place on the large continent.
5. While the feature has yet to be confirmed, the development team is testing several new player housing ideas, including a township system.
6. There were some races in the original ArcheAge artwork (as seen below) which were not added into the game. Mr Jake Song said that players can expect them to make their debuts in ArcheAge 2. Sounds really interesting!