[Play free now] Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios today announced the PC launch of Uprising, the latest free update to their popular MMORPG Neverwinter. Gith have arrived in the MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms as a new playable race, their eternal conflict with the illithid spilling into the caverns of Undermountain. Halaster Blackcloak demands retribution from the adventurers who have occupied his domain culminating in an all-new 10-player End Game Trial, new PvP content including gear and a map, a fresh “coat of paint” on Protector’s Enclave, re-crafted Early Game experience and much more.
Illithid, aka Mind Flayers, have subjugated the Gith race for eons, treating them as slaves and converting them to otherworldly creatures against their will. Players join the conflict in Halaster Blackcloak’s domain, drawing his malice. Along this path to an explosive battle of wills against the Mad Mage, players explore deep into Undermountain, leading to a magic portal that transports adventurers to the gith base of Stardock on asteroid above Toril. Back in Protector’s Enclave, the untold wealth adventurers have earned in Undermountain results in renovations for both the heart of Neverwinter and the Early Game experience.
Learn more about the changes coming with Neverwinter: Uprising below:
• All-New Gith Race – Become the rebellion! The new race of psionic warriors is available to VIP members the first two weeks following Uprising’s launch and to all PC players for the following two weeks. This cycle will repeat on console only when Uprising launches on October 1.
• Uprising Storyline – Engage the illitihid in a struggle that will take adventurers from the depths of Undermountain to a secret gith asteroid base in orbit above Toril.
• Tower of the Mad Mage Trial – Enter Halaster Blackcloak’s private library to match wits and powers in an all-new, Endgame 10-Player Trial.
• Protector’s Enclave & Early Game Zone Revamp – Adventurers returning from their questing to the south may notice some changes to the heart of Neverwinter. Explore a remodeled Protector’s Enclave and experience adjustments to early zones and stories, which make starting a fresh character more enjoyable.
• Appearance System Overhaul – An evolution of the transmutation, dye and fashion systems, the newly improved Appearance tab allows adventurers to define the look of each slot in their inventory. Use dyes to unlock reusable colors, allowing for permanent mixing-and-matching of gear appearance and accents to truly define the look of each character.
• New PvP Content – Enjoy a new map, Stardock Arena, and fresh rewards for your battle efforts as the development team continues to evolve the PvP experience following class overhauls in Undermountain.