[Play free now] Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes is proud to reveal a riot of explosive announcements today led by a 30-minute live demonstration of its visionary cooperative space combat expansion, Empyrean, from TennoCon 2019, the fourth annual Warframe conference. Bustling with a sold-out crowd, Digital Extremes presented Empyrean’s new, larger-scale cooperative gameplay with fluid ship-to-ship combat, the new ground-breaking multiplayer Squad Link system, and customizable battleship options.
Digital Extremes kept the surprises coming by unveiling two Warframe updates, Nightwave Series 2 and Wukong Prime Access, both available immediately across all platforms – PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Nightwave is Warframe’s free, rotating seasonal system. Each Series unfolds over several weeks and tells a brand new story.
By completing daily and weekly challenges, Tenno will unlock limited-time, exclusive rewards (gear, cosmetics and more) while experiencing the story as they play. In Series 2: The Emissary players will meet a strange mute child (Arlo) who emerges unharmed from the Infestation and brings with him the miraculous ability to heal the sick.
Wukong Prime is ready for action! Available to earn through gameplay or purchase, the enduring, swift and unruly Wukong Prime brings eager Tenno an enhanced version of the original for the first time ever. Everybody’s got something to hide, except Wukong Prime!
EMPYREAN EXPANDS DEEP SPACE COMBAT
Empyrean expands the premise of Warframe by handing players and their clanmates the keys to the powerful Railjack battleship. Prepare to soar through the Origin System, explore new territory, and fight hostile forces with serious firepower! With an in-ship interface to control speed and direction, shield deployment, offensive missile volleys and gunner fire – including the ability to deploy Archwings and infiltrate enemy ships – players are now armed with an arsenal of tools to fend off and destroy enemy opposition. Player ships can be upgraded, take damage, and be customized, among many other things.
New details from TennoCon 2019 bring an even deeper level of freedom, power and cooperative gameplay:
• Connect the Community With Squad Link: This ground-breaking multiplayer system connects the world of Warframe in an entirely new way. Transcend beyond your solo objective and connect with the larger community by reaching out to other Tenno squads using the Squad Link. In multi-objective missions from space, players can call up on other squads of active players to help the bigger cause – lower enemy ship shields, steal valuable data, and more.
• Assault, Steal and Pilot Enemy Ships: Players can now infiltrate opponent ships using Archwings and command them in a variety of missions. Become a swashbuckling #Spaceninja, Tenno!
• Customize and Upgrade Everything: The Drydock is your Railjack’s personal space garage. Build out and upgrade your battleship’s Equipment, Cosmetics, Systems and Reinforcements with a huge array of options, name your ship, and beautify it all by customizing primary, secondary and tertiary colors, accents, decals and more.
• Revenge: Enemies have begun adapting to Tenno lethality, and from it kingpins will emerge! Players familiar with Warframe’s in-development Kingpin system will be rewarded with a first look at how these reactive enemies behave, starting with the Kuva Lich, Emra Rok, in an epic boss fight on the capital ship.
• Graphics Upgrade: Digital Extremes is dedicated to providing the single best graphic fidelity to AAA free-to-play gaming. Using a completely re-written rendering technology (“Deferred Renderer”) in its proprietary Evolution Engine, Warframe’s graphics have never looked better.
A BIGGER STORY
The new introduction to Warframe bridges two eras. For the first time, players can catch a glimpse of the original Warframes fighting in the Old War using their abilities and incredible fighting skills. Couched in a larger narrative, the three enticing flashback sequences are designed to introduce players to choose one of their first playable Warframes (Excalibur, Mag and Volt). The new six-minute introduction (the first trailer above) sets up players with a better understanding of the universe with a more comprehensive storyline for Warframe.
Digital Extremes plans on incorporating the new introduction in late 2019/early 2020.
ROADMAP TO THE FUTURE
The team revealed several additional surprises on stage. After the massive Empyrean demo ended, Digital Extremes delivered a new Duviri Paradox update trailer. Following the first two open worlds, The Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna, the Duviri Paradox takes players on a reality-bending journey of the surreal. Digital Extremes teased players with the third open world where Operators have grown up to become adults. Digital Extremes also unveiled a new trailer from the fourth entry in Warframe’s narrative series with The New War. The teaser video relays a new chapter in the saga of the Lotus and the rise of the Sentients.
WIN CASH TOWARD A TRIP TO SPACE!
This year’s TennoCon moves the space needle even further with a spectacular opportunity. In this incredible contest, Digital Extremes will offer players a chance to win $250,000 USD toward a trip to space by playing Warframe in the “Become a Real #SpaceNinja” sweepstakes today. Get the full details right here: https://www.warframe.com/spaceninja.