[Steam page] Kixeye, a leading free-to-play game developer, today launched its new brawler MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) TOME: Immortal Arena on Steam. The game’s debut on Steam is marked by the launch of a 5v5 Map “Sanctuary”. TOME: Immortal Arena turns a new page for the MOBA category, with a streamlined, fast-paced, action-first approach to the popular game genre.
With a guiding design philosophy that emphasizes action and accessibility, TOME: Immortal Arena rewrites the unintuitive elements of the genre that clutters and complicates gameplay. Conceived and created by a team of gaming veterans who have collectively contributed to some of the most notable MOBAs (League of Legends), competitive RTS titles (Command & Conquer), and MMORPGs (World of Warcraft) in history.
In TOME: Immortal Arena, players — or ‘Harbingers’ — enter the arena, battling with a team of Guardians for supremacy over a domain in conflict. Fighting within the two-lane 3v3 ‘Coliseum’ map, or newly unveiled 5v5 ‘Sanctuary’ map, players defeat their opponent’s minions, Guardians, and ultimately, Tower, to win these furious 10-20 minute matches.
“TOME: Immortal Arena was meticulously created to extract the minutiae from the MOBA genre and pack in the polish and elements that equal a fast, fun, rewarding experience for players at all levels,” remarked Rade Stojsavljevic of Kixeye. “We can’t wait to play TOME with the Steam community – this is the day we’ve been working towards.”
● Fast not Frustrating: Matches last 10-15 minutes as opposed to 30-60 minute matches in traditional MOBA titles, reducing frustration and player toxicity.
● Constant Action: Stale genre hallmarks and unintuitive gameplay mechanics have been removed and improved. With in-lane healing, no last-hitting, the ability to purchase items from anywhere on the map, and an auto-buy feature, typical hurdles that halt the action have been streamlined for a faster, more action-focused experience.
● Always Earning: Players earn Guardian XP, Devotion, and favor with the six Gods every battle, even within Practice Modes. This unlocks a variety of rewards such as Relics and Blessings that players can use to customize their collection of Guardians for a more personalized experience.
● Guardians Galore: Battle and level with your choice of 20 Guardians at launch, with more to be introduced in the future.
● Hear the Voice of a God: In-game announcer voiced by legendary Evil Dead icon, Bruce Campbell.