Developed by Tencent’s Quantum Studios, Battle of the Gods was formally revealed earlier today, with the debut test phase starting on 12th December. The core feature will be the 10 Vs 10 mode, with all playable characters designed after gods from all cultures around the world.
And yes, it was proclaimed that during internal testings, there was a match where the kills were over 300, hence the current marketing tagline “300 kills in 30 minutes”. Other than the 10 Vs 10 mode, here are some of the other systems announced at Tencent Games Carnival.
1. God Source – Behind the first tower on all 3 lanes and in each side’s PvE jungle area, there will be a “town” where friendly players will be able to heal themselves and also provide additional gold. Once destroyed, the additional gold source will be gone.
2. God Gear – There are 2 boss monsters located at the top left and bottom right corners of the map, which will drop 1 God Gear each. When picked up by a player, the gears will grow and become stronger along with the player. God Gears will drop upon player death and be picked up by others.
3. God Hunt – After 3 continuous kills, a player will gain “wings”, allowing him or her to gain sight on a “bleeding” (might mean attacked) target and also gain increased movement speed. This system is literally to “hunt” down enemies.
4. God Revenge – Also known as Revenge Kill in other games, players who kill the target enemy which killed him or her within the time limit will gain extra gold.
5. God Rune – After killing high level PvE monsters, they will drop buff runes (similar to LoL and Dota 2). Different monsters drop different runes, and the temporary buff will extend to friendly players within range.
6. God Command – To be revealed at a later date.
After watching the explanation video below, it was also revealed that players may join a game which is ongoing. The player will only be able to use the character which disconnected and inherit the gold, experience and gears (with some extras). If the team wins, he or she will get bonus rewards.
To be released later, there will be different passive skills (active skills not mentioned) for each god, giving players choices on how to build their own characters since there are limited skill slots. “Support” roles here are nerfed, and everyone is encouraged to kill.