A few days back, the development team from Perfect World’s long awaited martial arts MMO, Swordsman Online (笑傲江湖 Online) were guests in the forum of gaming website, 17173.com. As expected, some questions were asked and new details were given generously.
1. The first beta test will begin this year, with no specific date. I was actually expecting a date to be announced at July’s ChinaJoy though…
2. Players will be able to slay prominent NPCs in the game, which will be an extremely tough fight though (I am thinking of a world raid). Once dead, the NPC will be permanently gone from the game world, and scenario quests involving him will be cut as well. However, new scenario quests will open up as well since the world’s lore changed.
3. The miracle quest system is tuned so that even level 1 characters (must be damn lucky to encounter 1) will be able to complete it himself. Miracle quests will not pale in comparison to the main storyline quests’ scale. Miracle quests are where certain hidden skills and items are obtained.
4. Various combat mechanics (mentioned ago) were being talked about, including stun, knock down, flying (I am guessing knocking targets into the air), retreat, confusion and blocking body functions (you know, where it takes a finger or 2, tap at specific body parts to lock targets etc). With the vulnerability meter during fights, all these will make the experience more tactical rather than mashing the 123 buttons. Almost similar to Age of Wulin.
5. A new trailer will be out shortly, featuring a powerful AI boss battle. However, the game’s user interface (UI) will still be missing as there are hints of certain systems not yet announced.