As 1 of China’s top 3 online gaming companies, Shanda Games is against tough competition the next few months, with Tencent Games getting ArcheAge and Blade & Soul and NetEase getting Diablo III. To make sure its market share is not being eroded, here are a couple of games which are on show at ChinaJoy 2012, some announced last year while a couple totally new.
1. Dungeon Striker – This is a given, since Shanda Games own Eyedentity Games, the Korean developer which made Dragon Nest.
2. Ghosts ‘n Goblins Online – A new game just announced, this 3D action side-scroller will not doubt bring back memories for some of the more mature crowd.
3. Final Fantasy XIV – Announced last year, China’s server will start with the latest 2.0 update, A Realm Reborn. Lucky China players will not have to endure the initial poo of a game.
4. RIFT – Announced a few months back, RIFT China will will enter beta testing later this year.
5. Age of Dawn – Self-developed title revealed for the first time, it is an action MMORPG riding on the Unreal 3 Engine. The game is focused on both combat and open world exploration, including the vast seas as well.
6. World Zero – Announced around 2 years ago, World Zero is a cookie cutter martial arts MMO, but players can create their own worlds to allow other players to enter. Monsters, buildings, drops, landscape etc are all customized by the players. There is still the standard pre-made “normal” game world made by the developers though.