[English website] Silkroad Online was one of my earliest full 3D online games, and until now I still have sentiments for the title. Back to topic, developer Joymax decided to lay out a 2012 road map for Silkroad Online Japan (not Korea). Let us take a brief look at some of the content players can expect. Please note that the information here might not be 100% accurate and is subject to change.
– Game balancing for characters, skills, monsters etc according to players’ feedback. Major changes will be implemented somewhere at the end of 2012.
– Battle mount follower system. These critters functions as a mount, a battle pet and will be able to wear equipments (to boost attack, movement speed etc) as well as learning new skills. Apparently there are only 3 types being added, with one seen below in the artwork.
– Introduction of Grade 13 equipments, with a piece of artwork shown below.
– Cross Shard (or server) PvP Championship to be added as a major game event.
– New Genie’s Magic Lamp system to be implemented with new items (current system).
– A bracelet will be added, changing players into an angelic form seen in the artwork below. The ability bonuses apparently increases according to the player’s level. The system works similar to the Devil’s Spirit currently in the game.
– The new continent, Arabian Peninsular, will be added. A new major city will be added, along with high level content such as field maps and dungeons.
– Together with this update, the max level cap will be increased to 125.
– A new fortress location for guild PvP, Citadel of Constantinople, will be added and located in the European continent.
– A new PvE battlefield will be added. With this location aiming at mid to high level players. It is not compulsory to enter this arena in a party.