I am sure by now, most gamers would have heard about Nexon’s action side-scroller, Dungeon Fighter Online, will be reaching Xbox Live within the year. According to reports, the game is developed by Neople and Softmax, supported by Microsoft’s Xbox Live network. This big news come after years of apparent unhappiness between Nexon and Microsoft regarding the failed Mabinogi online game on the Xbox 360. How will this version differ from the current online client version? After doing some research, here are some of the details. Please note that all information is not official.
1. Microsoft to support the network and localization. Instead of Nexon, Microsoft will be supporting the game network via Xbox Live. Nexon will be in-charge of localizing the game in English, Chinese and Korea, while Microsoft will be in-charge of the Japanese, Spanish, German, Italian and French versions.
2. The game, as mentioned, will be downloaded via Xbox Live. There will be a cash shop similar to the current client version.
3. The graphics and quality will be improved. Although the core system is based on the current online version, upgrades will be given to raise the visual appeal of the game. No exact stats yet for this upgrade.
4. There will be solo content, as well as supporting up to 4 players in each instance. Players will need to create rooms, unlike the current online version.
5. There will apparently at least 1 new character designed with a European flair, since it is the first time the game is being distributed there.
6. The Xbox 360 version will not be in sync with the current online version. Both will be considered as separate games.