NCsoft, no doubt one of the most well-known and profitable MMO companies, has flexed its financial might and apparently stunned the industry. Just recently, the company’s headquarters in Korea was hiring around 150 new employees to work on existing and new projects (including porting Blade & Soul over to the consoles). Now, it has announced a new mega office complex will be build as its new main headquarter to house its nearly 2500 employees. You can view its current headquarters here. Here are some basic stats for the upcoming new “lair”.
The complex will be located at Pangyo Techno Valley covering an estimated area of 27,000 square meters. The complex will cost NCsoft an estimated USD 150 million dollars (the amount is much bigger in Korean currency, like 190 billion Won) and will be completed by May 2013. So what facilities will this modern complex have?
1. There will be 12 levels above ground and 5 levels underground. The theme of this complex is designed based on “Closer to nature”, “A place where dreams come true” and “Care for family”. Sounds awesome eh?
2. There will be a park circling the complex, children’s play areas (playgrounds of course) and even a water park!
3. The office space in the new complex will be apparently 3 times more roomy compared to their current office, with various mega lecture halls, conference rooms and an extensive library.
4. There will be a childcare service center able to accommodate around 200 kids, a modern staff canteen and a theater room housing around 200 people. There will also be a company clinic, a 440 square meter gymnasium and a high-class a 570 square meter sauna facility. Staff’s family members will also be able to use all these facilities.
5. The new complex is built based on a “green” concept, so various environmental-friendly features will also be integrated, including auto-adjustment of the temperature, a water-recycling system to recycle rainwater and many more.
Anyone tempted yet to learn the Korean language?