The festive season continues, contributing to the lack of interesting news during this period. Yesterday, developer Pearl Abyss held a “Calpheon Banquet” community event at Signiel Seoul to preview Black Desert Online’s content for 2020. This is the second gathering since “Heidel Banquet” held earlier in June, with over 100 gamers and team member from Pearl Abyss present. Seen below is a summarized version of the key notes!
● Quality over quantity
– Focus on getting Succession out for the pre-existing classes. The original plan was to have all of the classes out by the end of the year, but Pearl Abyss wanted to make sure that they are putting forth quality content.
– This is especially true with Berserker Succession. It was pretty close to completion, but it lacked refinement so it’s undergoing development again.
– Succession will continue to get released in mid-January starting with Witch & Wizard. They will be followed up with Striker, Mystic, and Lahn in the coming weeks.
● Guardian class awakening
– Guardian makes her pact with the Black Spirit knowing that she will lose her memories. This was so that she can descend from the Mountain of Eternal Winter to reclaim Ynix, the Holy Flame that can immolate gods.
– She meets the followers of Ynix and undergoes the trial of the Holy Flame on her journey with the Black Spirit.
– Guardian comes in possession of Ynix to become the judicator of the flame. She wields a new mighty weapon to slay her enemies.
– Guardian’s Awakening Weapon looks like a pole weapon with the Holy Flame burning in its blade.
– Guardian will be able to use devastating skills with her newfound powers. She will learn skills where she takes flight and crashes down to the ground, brings forth incredible might with a small gesture, and performs other awe-inspiring feats.
– Guardian’s Awakening is being developed in full-force and is planned to be revealed on January 15 (Korean server date).
– Black Spirit, Edana the ancient, Elionism, and Sylvia are some of the cornerstones in the lore of Black Desert. Another chapter of the tale pertaining to the children of the goddess Sylvia will be added in O’dyllita.
– The story will follow the Ahibs who were chased out of Kamasylvia by the Ganelles and their frantic vendetta, the secrets behind the once arid land of O’dyllita, and the immortal alchemist Caphras.
– New and exciting battles against the Turos, with their rugged bodies and cow’s heads, as well as formidable golems powered by ancient technology and the Ahibs will be revealed on the Korean server soon in 2020.
● Thorn Castle
– Thornwood Castle is located in the southernmost region of O’dyllita. This new island zone will include a unique combination of PvP and PvE elements.
– There are multiple entrances to Thornwood Castle, although at first, players can access the castle through one entrance. Players can advance to the center of the zone as they complete more missions.
– Adventurers can choose to fight each other or cooperate with one another.
– Thornwood Castle will be included in the future O’dyllita update. Pearl Abyss is planning to release more details and please be sure to keep an eye out on the Global Lab.
● Papua Crinea
– Papua Crinea is an island region located on the outskirts of the world of Black Desert and the home of the Papus and Otters, two iconic and adorable races. In this region, these two races are waging a massive war against each other called the Thousand Years’ War
– The Papus and Otters players are going to meet on the isles are going to be quite different from the ones players have met in other regions. Many of the types of interactions players have with them such as dialogues, quests, and knowledge will be applied with unique rules established by the native islanders.
– Players will have to pick a side between the Papus or Otters on the isles. Fight monsters, or do a series of quests for one side, and participate in their war for survival!
– Due to the hostile relationship between the Papus and Otters, players will be on bad terms with the Otters if players help the Papus, and vice versa. Knowing that they have been at war for a thousand years, this is no surprise.
– It’ll be hard for them to lower their guard towards players as they’ve been waging war for such a long time. The Papus and Otters players will meet on the isles generally do not welcome outsiders. So, how do players befriend them? Stay tuned for more details, which will be revealed via the Global Lab next week.
In order to ” lower the hurdles of new users and preserve the efforts of existing users,” Pearl Abyss is planning to introduce a Seasons features. New players will be level up faster and be given better rewards to aid their progress. The team also considered various ways of how to satisfy current players without ignoring the time, passion, and effort they have placed in the game. Seasons is scheduled to be added before Spring 2020.
● Black Star Armor
– A new boss defense gear will be implemented. The appearance of the Blackstar defense gear will be vastly different from regular boss defense gear.
– Pearl Abyss will carefully make changes to the existing boss defense gears to ensure that it still holds value.
– Pearl Abyss will gradually update existing boss defense gear parts starting with the oldest part.