With Nexon still at loggerheads with its own employee union and several canceled projects, the show must still go on at the business side of things. Today, along with developer NAT Games, tons of new images and a couple of game trailers for V4 were made public. While these are meant to showcase the features of V4 and power of Unreal Engine 4, it might not be a good idea to overexpose the game content. With NCsoft launching Purple to please the PC gamers, Nexon is definitely lagging behind. No matter, let us get into the new details!
● The game footage above showcases how V4 is running smoothly on a mobile phone in the PvEvP map. Teams battle out to kill the raid boss, and you will definitely have no idea who really killed you! Of course, the demo here is within a controlled environment, it might not translate to real-world gameplay. We shall see when V4 enters Open Beta!
● Next up is character customization, which Nexon boasts about having more than 50 elements to adjust to each player’s liking. This is pretty much standard in all modern mobile MMORPG titles these days, and personally I am not the sort to spend hours on the same screen. Randomized looks and off to slay some monsters!
● MMORPG titles are not complete without pets and mounts. Nexon showcased a few from V4, stating that pets will “aid players in gameplay,” though stopped short explaining how they are assets on the battlefield. Passive stats boost and skills are definitely available, but players will most likely want to know if they can attack like combat pets. This is definitely a feature which is long missing!
● A couple of monsters players will meet, with Nexon touting the detailed appearances and bevy of different monster types. Not really sure if this is something to be excited about…
● Finally, a few different field environments to showcase in V4, ranging from coastal towns to volcanic lands and harsh deserts. It is said that the maps will be “dense,” with the aim of giving players a feel of PC MMORPG even on mobile devices.
● Before I forget, there is a new trailer for the Gunslinger class as well showcasing some of her skills. I am guessing other than the loli, this will be the most popular class for all.