[Play free now] Digital Extremes is ready to unharness the blazing power and speed of its new Warframe, Gauss, along with a cool collection of enticing updates for Warframe players in the Saint of Altra update coming this week on PC. The fleet-footed Gauss blindsides the toughest of enemies by generating kinetic energy to wield an assortment of powerful moves and abilities. The Disruption Mode introduced in The Jovian Concord has expanded to new planets, mission types, and factions to challenge players across the Origin System.
The 41st Warframe, Gauss, offers a suite of Abilities using kinetic movement to build up his unique speed gauge to unleash a diverse arsenal of offensive and defensive Abilities. They include:
● MACH RUSH: Burst into a hyper-sprint to run across water, traverse across large areas faster, bowl over enemies and re-charge his Speed Gauge. Crashing into solid objects generates a powerful shockwave.
● KINETIC PLATING: Generate armor plating that converts a portion of absorbed Kinetic Damage into Energy. Also protects Gauss from being staggered or knocked down. Damage Resistance is relative to battery level.
● THERMAL SUNDER: Siphon kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Cold Status on nearby enemies. Press and hold to reverse the process, draining the battery and inflicting Heat Status on nearby enemies.
● REDLINE: Push Gauss’ battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities and setting Fire Rate, Attack Speed, Reload Speed, and Holster Rate into overdrive. When past the redline, bolts of arcing electricity dance periodically from Gauss, exploding en masse when the ability is deactivated.
● PASSIVE: Never stop moving. Keeping Gauss in motion generates an electrical current that charges his Speed Gauge, helping Shields recharge up to 80% faster, and decreasing recharge delay up to 80%.
Gauss can be constructed from parts acquired for free in the game through methods including purchasing in the Marketplace, standalone or as part of a bundle – which includes the explosive new Missile Launcher, Grenade Pistol and more. Additional details, including the expanded Disruption Mode and new cosmetic items, can be found at the game website.