[Closed Beta signup] Phoenix Labs has released the next major update for Dauntless with “Evolving Wilds,” continuing to enhance and expand the gameplay experience as the co-op action RPG continues on the road to Open Beta. “Evolving Wilds” will introduce to Dauntless new Axe mechanics, enhanced and improved Behemoth encounters, a full arsenal of War Pikes and improved hit and collision detection with destructible environments on their way.
An updated tutorial and refinements to progression have also been integrated, and there are now new points of interest with big rewards waiting to be discovered. Dauntless is now available to experience in German, Spanish, Italian, French and Brazilian Portuguese. Global accessibility to Dauntless will soon be increased with servers in South America, Japan and Southeast Asia, along with the new cross-region matchmaking system. Sweet!
Details on how the next major Closed Beta update in “Evolving Wilds” will change the way Slayers hunt and forge their legend in the Dauntless can be found below:
• Redesigned Axe – The Axe is now even more about big damage and big risk, while adding additional mobility options. A new “armored” state called Resolve is applied to certain Axe attacks that allow Slayers to take damage if they are hit during an attack but continue their combo.
• A Full Collection of War Pikes – Slayers can now craft a full collection of War Pike weapons. After slaying a Behemoths they can craft War Pikes that harnesses the raw, untamed power of that Behemoth.
• Improvements to Behemoth Encounters – Earlier concepts for Behemoths have been revisited resulting in big updates to the Shrike, Skraev and Moonreaver Behemoths with Embermane, Quillshot, and more on the way. This makes hunting them more fun, challenging and learnable.
• Dauntless Across the World – Players can now choose their language as Dauntless translation is nearly complete in German, Spanish, Italian, French and Brazilian Portuguese, with additional languages will be added in the future. Soon, regional support will be increased by adding local servers in South America, Japan and Southeast Asia and cross-region matchmaking will connect Slayers from around the world.
• Revisiting Player Progression – A new tutorial system has been added to the game and Slayer training has been refined. For Open Beta this will be expanded with a cinematic introduction highlighting each Slayer’s story. Phoenix Labs will also continue to revisit daily and weekly activities giving Slayers more variety with better rewards as part of the Dauntless evergame.
• Performance Enhancements – Slayers will notice improvements to performance in the hub city of Ramsgate and during hunts, more precise collision in combat and reduction in crashes.