Korean developer Illion Interactive, a VR startup based in Seoul and Los Angeles, was formed back in 2015 shortly after a team of skilled developers from Nexon shared the same vision of an epic MORPG title on VR. The result is Preta: Vendetta Rising, which was showcased recently at E3 2017. The game not only has VR and non-VR versions, but also has a single-player mode along with co-op gameplay.
In Preta: Vendetta Rising, players enter the world of Akirion, a once peaceful land on the brink of extinction caused by a deadly epidemic that transforms all the living into flesh-craving Pretas. Survivors are now organizing into militias to make a last stand against these monstrous parasites. As there aren’t many capable warriors left, Akirots are desperately hiring mercenaries, someone like you.
Explore the forsaken continents, collect materials, craft powerful weapons and defeat blood-thirsty Pretas in order to save the world of Akirion and reveal the dark truths of the plague’s origin. Inspired by video games such as Dark Souls, Diablo, and Monster Hunters; Preta: Vendetta Rising is designed to be a challenging hack and slash action game with various multiplayer modes to keep all entertained.
Core game features of Preta: Vendetta Rising:
1. Multi-platform support for both VR & Non-VR platforms on PS4, Steam, and the Oculus Store
2. 50+ hours of single player campaign gameplay
3. Fully customizable skills and tech trees
4. Crafting System that allows the creation of unique weapons and items
5. A Companion System where you raise and customize your own pets to fight along your side
6. Co-op Multiplayer Raids that allow 3 fellow hunters to fight against EPIC bosses
7. Co-op Campaigns to challenge the most impossible campaigns together with a friend
8. An Auction House system to sell, buy, and trade your items in real-time
9. Multiple point of views
10. Interactive movies for each character
Illion Interactive has also revealed a tentative release schedule for Preta: Vendetta Rising, although it is subject to change. A Buy-to-Play business model will most likely be used, and not a Free-to-Play one. The development team is also setting an ambitious goal of having new game content every month after the official launch. The game looks awesome and sounds promising, so stay tuned for updates!