[Play on Steam] Jagex Games Studio today announced Block N Load has gone Free-to-Play, along with massive new content. The update takes the existing core game, mechanics, and modes, and enhances them with improvements to the shooter’s combat and matchmaking, as well as launching a whole raft of additional content such as new heroes, daily challenges, perks and player progression.
Block N Load now includes a daily challenge system that gives players objectives that have to be fulfilled within a single match or 24 hours. Challenges can come in the form of multiple conditions, including gaining a certain number of player kills or completing specific actions, and allow players to generate a flow of gold bars that can be used to purchase helpful new Heroes or Perks.
The introduction of a Perks System in Block N Load allows players to further customise their Heroes, so they can play how they want to. Unlocked with gold bars, there are more than 55 Perks to choose from. The update also sees the arrival of three recently announced heroes: master of electricity, Vander Graaf; J-Pop, kitty-launching, Kira-chan; and the always frosty, Yury the Yeti.
Block N Load: Free-to-play features:
– Challenge system: Daily challenges to overcome for great rewards
– Upgradable Perks: Allow players to customise their play style for maximum effectiveness
– New rewards system: Get gold to choose new Heroes and Perks
– Hero rotation: Get familiar with all of the Block N Load Hero roster
– Enhanced mechanics: Improved matchmaking, combat, and player progression