This post is to add more information about MapleStory Korea’s upcoming big content update, Legend, which was posted a few days ago by me. As you should know, 3 new classes are coming and each adding new gameplay styles to the game. I just can’t help but to wonder if the end of the Black Magician is near… (Information updated by Spadow)
– For the Cannon Shooter, the new Pirate adventurer class, his floating pet monkey is there to assist him when casting certain skills.
– For the Mercedes class, as you might have read in my previous post, she uses dual crossbows and is the first playable non-human race in the game (Elf). Quite similar to the Aran storyline, she was frozen by the Black Magician in her own town. After awakening, she decided to join the fight against the Black Magician.
– Players can choose between the male and female elves. The town they are from is called Eyurel (or Eurel), which was featured in the anniversary trailer recently.
– Demon Slayer is originally part of Black Magician’s army, the Black Wings. Due to unknown reasons, his brother was killed by the Dark Magician and hence he turned his back on him. Chased and attacked by the Black Magician, the Demon Slayer managed to survive and decided to join the Resistance.
– Demon Slayer wields a one-handed blunt weapon. He does not consume MP when using skills, but rather “Demon Force” he absorbs after killing monsters. The release of Demon Slayer in August will also continue with the story between the Black Magician and Eldenstein. Players can customize how their Demon Slayers’ facial looks as well. You can see his wings at my previous post. Demon Slayer has a skill which, by chance, has a probability to activate instant death/ kill.
– Other updates include a permanent 20% increase in movement speed for all classes, 1 single slot now able to hold 300 potions, increased drop rate and overhaul of the quests found on Victoria Island.
– There is a new “Link Skill” system which Spadow has corrected and informed me about.
– If a Cannon Shooter is being trained and learn the “Pirate Bless”, he will be given a permanent blessing buff (provided the Cannon Shooter learns the skill). At max level, the permanent buff provides classes with +15 to all stats and 5% to HP and MP.
– If a Mercedes is being trained and learn the ‘Elf’s Blessing” skill, he or she will gain a 10% EXP buff and the ability to warp back to Eyurel (or Eurel).
– If a Demon Slayer is being trained and learn the “Demon’s Fury” skill, he will gain an additional 10% damage when attacking boss monsters.
– These skills have a master level of 1. If you raise one of the three new characters to Level 70, you can transfer, or ‘link’ the skill mentioned above to another character.
Example – If you have a Lv. 70 Demon Slayer, you will get a notification about how you can transfer it to another character. If you wish to do this, you can transfer it to any other character.
– Other than the Demon Slayer, the other 2 new classes are unrelated to each other and apparently no ties with the Resistance.