As posted some time back, Netdragon, which is arguably more famous in the English MMO market for titles including Conquer Online, has revealed to be working on Transformers Online, a 3D MMO adaptation of the popular Hasbro franchise. Note that Runescape’s developer, Jagex, is also working on a Transformers MMO, but both will be different as you can read here. A few days ago, the CEO of China-headquartered Netdragon (below) lifted the lid on what players can expect for the game.
1. Transformers Online will be released in tandem with the 3rd and final part of the Transformers movie.
2. Other than the Autobots and Decepticons, there will be a 3rd faction thrown into the mix. No specific details on this faction for the moment.
3. The 3rd faction will appear in future cartoons and will have a toy line as well, but it will first be introduced in Transformers Online.
4. Transformers Online will be a third-person shooter (TPS) 3D MMO. The robots will be designed according to the latest models from franchise owner, Hasbro.
5. Players will start out as weak robots, but of course will have the chance to be upgraded as they advance into the game. There will be battles in the cities, beaches, desert and even locations found in the movies.
6. The battles will not be limited to Earth, as players will get to visit Cybertron as well. In some scenarios, Autobots will have to work with Decepticons to drive out the invading 3rd faction.
7. There will be a system of players transforming and combining into stronger robots as well during battles. More specific details were not announced.