As I posted a few weeks ago, Nexon teased about the Dragon Nest’s first actual “Dragon Nest”, which belongs to the Sea Dragon. I am actually nearly a month late for this news, so do pardon me as I was really, really busy and sick over the past month. Other than the new highest level dungeon, the farming, fishing and cooking systems (collectively called the Life System) are also introduced. As you can see below, the Dragon boss, Serpentra, doesn’t really look too nice…
Some details of the Sea Dragon nest include:
1. Can only be done once a week for all players.
2. Minimum of 5 players, maximum of 8 players.
3. Can only be entered using a special ticket, by combining 2 parts from the previous 2 hardest dungeons, Manticore Nest and Nest of Apocalypse.
4. Players are not able to revive or drink recovery potions in the Sea Dragon dungeon (wtf?!). Only a special revival item from the farming system can be used.
5. There are apparently a total of 7 maps in this dungeon.
6. Without a doubt, the strongest and most epic equipments and titles can be found from this dungeon.
Some details of the farming system includes:
1. Before I start, if you played Luna Online like I did and owned a farm, the system works somewhat similarly.
2. Players can plant seeds and farm various crops and plants.
3. Of course, players will need to water and eventually harvest them.
4. The life skills for planting will increase, allowing players to farm better crops.
5. I am not really sure how this works, but other specific players may help to take care of the farm. In Luna Online, there was a Family System for this. Not sure how it will work in Dragon Nest. Do enlighten me if anyone knows.
6. Of course, harvested crops may give players various different items.
Some details of the fishing system includes:
1. Once again, the fishing system is quite similar to that of Luna Online’s.
2. There will be a gauge, so players may only right-click when the gauge hits a certain limit.
3. There is automated fishing, but it isn’t always accurate and fishing will stop once the player’s inventory is full.
4. The higher the fishing skill, the more high level players will be able to fish in and obtain rarer fishes.
5. Like the crops, fishes give players various items.
The Infinity update also featured various skills changes, items changes and bug fixes, but I am not going into details for all of them since there is not even an English version now. If my prediction is on the spot, we might see 2 English servers by end 2011…
Speaking of the Sea Dragon, I have yet to see any of the Korean players post screenshots or videos of it, and the closest image I can find is of this other new boss… And yes, max level is still capped at 40…