The China version of Perfect World’s Forsaken World, 神魔大陆, will be entering its official Closed Beta phase on 25th March. The website has just released details on what content players can expect in this testing phase. While I have sent my application of a Closed Beta Key, there is so far no news yet. Man, I really am unlucky in all these Closed Beta draw events.
1. All races and classes will be available for selection during this Closed Beta phase. The chart below is taken from the English Perfect World Blog.
2. There will be a total of 7 instances opened in this Closed Beta, including the non-mobbing Circus instance. On top of that, there will be various activity instances available throughout the day and week. From Monday to Sunday, each day will have a different theme for the activity instances. The themes are Arena, Belief, Companion, Discovery, Experience, Fun and Gold. Can you make a guess how will the activity instances be like after reading through the theme titles?
3. The blessing system will be opened. It is tied in to the Horoscope System, where players, after reaching a certain level, can pray to the skies every hour for bonuses and blessings. If the Horoscope matches the player’s, the boosts will be greater. The Astrologer occupation has the ability to look into the future and predict which horoscope sign will appear next.
4. Soul PK (or PvP) will be available for testing during this beta phase. Say goodbye to static stand-still PvP!
5. Equipment enhancement, socketing, and more will be made available. A new “Durability” system is added to equipments. When players die, instead of losing experience, equipments’ “Durability” will be deducted instead.
7. Cinematics will also be added. These will be shown when a character first enters the world of Grand Mundo (called in English version), enters a instance with a storyline and more.
8. Racial skills, XP skills, racial talent trees, Socialist and Explorer will also be available for testing.