For those of you who haven’t heard of this game, Project EM (or Empire), is Perfect World Entertainment’s 2010 blockbuster MMORPG. The name might changed for the English server, but the Chinese title has been confirmed as 神魔大陆, roughly translating to Continent of Gods and Demons. From this new video, which is in Chinese, a few more indepth details are revealed.
1. There will be 8 initial classes: Warrior, Sorcerer, Priest, Assassin, Defender, Gunner, Blood Demon and Bard. Of the 5 races mentioned, each will have different racial traits and abilities, hence playing the same class on different races will have a few differences.
2. The equipment details on characters will be more detailed than seen in other games.
3. Its the first project to include Perfect World USA, Perfect World Beijing and many other staff from different countries in the development team. Overall, its to fuse different opinions from different parts and cultures of the world to make Project Empire a truly international game.
4. Every player has a part in molding the world in Project Empire, be it through quests or certain decisions.
5. Enhanced graphics and details in Project Empire compared to other Perfect World games.
6. Near the end of the video, I think I heard the developer from Perfect World USA referring the game as “Forsaken World”… Forsaken World Online ?
Update: It will be called Forsaken World, which is confirmed through Perfect World Entertainment’s blog. Not sure if there will be an “Online”.
For more about the game, click here.