Runic Games has just announced that Torchlight will go on sale digitally (and supposedly in hard copy) on October 27, at the price of USD19.99 via Perfect World Entertainment. The game’s boxed copy will be in stores right after the New Year. Runic Games’s staff includes various personnel from Blizzard the and fallen Flagship Studios, thus the resemblance of the game to the hit franchise, Diablo. The game will morph into a MMORPG around 18months later, so before that, it will remain as a single player RPG.
Classes include the Destroyer (physical melee), Alchemist (magic ranged) and Vanquisher (physical melee and range).
The game will be published by Perfect World Entertainment: http://torchlight.perfectworld.com/
Update: New video with some ingame footage.
Update 2: Here are the 7 features of the game if you have not read about it.
- Randomization – Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure.
- Easy, approachable interface – Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world.
- Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
- Pets – Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.
- Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
- Fishing – Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered
- Included Editor – Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content.
Update: New video for the Vanquisher class
Update: New video for the Alchemist class