Warning: ** Spoilers alert ** This post contains quite an amount of spoilers even though not every feature is described in great detail. Please think two or more times before entering into the post. I shall not be held responsible for ruining the mood of the game for you. Click “read more” at your own risk.
Latest information will be posted at the bottom.
Dragonica was one of my favourite MMOs this year, and it never disappointed me initially. However, things started to get dull after I reached level 54. Nevertheless, the English versions will always be a few patches/updates behind compared to their Chinese and Korean counterparts. In this post, I will be presenting some future update features, but not all will be confirmed to hit the English servers.
1. New hidden maps. What goodies will the bosses drop ?
Here’s a sneak peek at one of the new boss items. It gives a 20% HP increase as a base attribute.
2. Pet system. If you have visited the Pet lady NPC, you will see the first few pets on show.
Here are some of the new pets (mixed with the old ones of course). I am not really sure if they can all become mounts…
3. Card + socket system. This feature is similar to the one found in Ragnarok Online. Mobs will have a chance to drop their cards, each having different abilities. There cards are inserted into weapons (not sure if armors too) with sockets. Sockets can be forged by using Souls at the blacksmith NPC.
Update: Apparently cards are not dropped directly from mobs (not sure about boss cards). They drop the recipe instead, and players will have to find the ingredients needed to craft the card. Cards can also be gotten from the cash shop gachapon item (lottery item). Once again, this is for the Chinese version, I am not sure if the English servers will follow the same system.
Update: Whenever socket forging fails, there will be a sign in the weapon description (left picture). In order to remove the sign and try to re-forge a socket, players will have to use the Heaven Stone (right picture), a cash shop item, to wash it away. Souls are used too.
In order to achieve 100% success when forging a socket, a cash shop item call Sanka’s Hammer (Taiwan server) or Sure Win Hammer (China version) is needed. A successfully forged socket can be seen on the left picture, while a socketed equipment with card is shown on the right. The card gave the equipment an extra 4 Strength and 4 Agility.
4. Housing system. This is almost similar to the farm system in Luna Online. Players can buy their own houses, decorate it and even auction it away. I think only gold is allowed in this transaction. Of course, there will be a maintenance fee (gold) to be paid regularly.
5. Marriage system. There will be new and better couple skills available.
Married couples will also get the chance to own a honeymoon house of their choice at the following maps. Other than being married, couples will have to be the appropriate levels and have the right amount of gold to purchase one.
6. Max upgrade for equipments to be increase from +15 to +20. What ?! +20 ?! I am too lazy to find another picture of a +20 weapon, so I am repeating it 3 times lol.
7. New boss, new set equipments. The new level 70 boss, Frosty the Bone Dragon (lol). It drops the new Ice elemental weapons. (Lavalon = Fire, Aram = Earth). There are 3 mini-bosses (Frankenstein, Dracula and Werewolf) to defeat and a series of mazes to solve before players can reach the dragon.
It also brand new set armors which gives extra bonuses as more parts are collected.
Update: Here’s the new Guild War system.
8. Enhanced and improved Guild War system. Every week, 8 guilds will battle it out for a spot to challenge the top guild and owner of the Guild Castle. The flow chart is as below.
Before the best of the 8 guilds can meet the reigning castle owners, they will have to go through 5 fearsome guardians (below) which are level 55 mobs. After that, they will have to go through the Dragon Guardian, which is a level 60 boss with 5 million HP. I guess it pays to be the first guild to be holding the castle once the new system is in place,
9. Gachapon system. Yes, the cash shop gachapon found in Maplestory will be weaving its way to Dragonica too. Items found range from various minor cash shop items to monster cards (above, for socketing) and limited equipments and fashion costumes.
Update: This is not a new feature, but rather an addon to the already mentioned feature, +20 equipments. In order to get from +15 to +20 safely, a more expensive cash shop item, Advance Insurance Scroll is needed. Works just like the normal Insurance Scroll, just more expensive, and for +15 to +20 only.
Update: I am not sure if this feature will be implemented, but Dragonica is going to be the ultimate cash shop MMORPG if this happens to the English server. Other than powder and insurance scrolls, a new cash shop item, call Strengthening Stone, will be needed. There are 4 different levels of the stone, and they are used for +1 to +7, +8 to +10, +11 to +15 and +16 to +20. The picture below shows the Advance Strengthening Stone, which is used from +16 to +20, and its a cash shop item. I have no idea if the lower level stones are also from the cash shop too.
Part 2 here: http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2009/10/dragonica-future-updates-2.html
Official North America website: http://dragonica.thqice.com/
Official Europe website: http://en.dragonica.gpotato.eu/
Official South East Asia website: http://dragonica.iahgames.com