[Beta Test Register] Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios today revealed a first look at gameplay for Magic: Legends, the new Free-to-Play MMO Action RPG based on the iconic strategy card game, Magic: The Gathering. The time has come for Magic fans and MMO Action RPG fans alike to become Planeswalkers and save the multiverse from its greatest threat. Players will explore some of the franchise’s most iconic planes, collect mana-based spells and gather the power needed to overtake their enemies during combat.
From the developers behind Neverwinter comes a new top-down MMO Action RPG featuring fast-paced combat inspired by Magic: The Gathering. Magic: Legends will make its official worldwide debut on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2021. Beta testing for Magic: Legends is officially starting this spring! The first playtest will introduce two new Planeswalkers, the earth-shattering Geomancer and the psychic power-wielding Mind Mage.
An ancient force moves in the darkness, posing an ever-growing threat to the entire multiverse. Players will experience the power of becoming a Planeswalker as they discover exciting mana-based spells and strategically build out the perfect hand of balanced attacks to control the chaos of the battlefield. While openly exploring the vast planes from the lore of Magic: The Gathering, players will fight alongside many iconic characters and legendary creatures made popular by the original trading card game. I can’t wait to try the game out!
Key features include:
● Become a Planeswalker – Players can choose from five diverse classes and switch between different Planeswalkers at any time.
● Walk Your Own Path – Players will need to cross various planes to save the multiverse, but how they weave their path is up to them.
● Control the Chaos – Control the chaos in real-time combat. Choosing what spells go into each hand requires strategy, as they will be drawn at random during attacks.
● Collect and Upgrade – Players will discover a myriad of spells and collect spell fragments to make them more powerful.
● Fight Together – The planes in Magic: Legends can be traversed alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers.
Here’s a closer look at the first two classes announced for Magic: Legends:
● The Geomancer draws upon the power of the Earth to pummel enemies in close quarters with devastating stone and lava attacks. They are capable of absorbing blows that would otherwise incapacitate other Planeswalkers with their rock shield. Geomancers prefer to call upon creatures like goblins, kavu and earth elementals.
● The Mind Mage personifies cool intellect. As a Planeswalker that focuses on psychic powers, they can battle enemies from a safe distance, controlling projectiles with telekinetic powers, and lock down dangerous foes with spells that put them to sleep, or turn them against their allies.