[Steam Early Access] Wargaming and Mad Head Games today launched Pagan Online, a fast-paced hack-and-slash action RPG, into Early Access on Steam and Wargaming.net. The game follows in the footsteps of classic top-down dungeon crawlers while redefining the action RPG genre with session-based PVE, MOBA-like characters, and challenging combat that is easy to pick up but difficult to master. Pagan Online is now available for $29.99.
• Intense, session-based PVE gameplay across a variety of interactive environments and procedurally generated encounters.
• Eight unlockable characters with highly unique playstyles.
• Challenging combat and WASD controls that require precise tactics and skillful execution.
• An original fantasy setting inspired by pre-Christian Slavic mythology.
• A five-act single player campaign with three levels of difficulty for players of all skill levels.
• Varied game modes including daily and weekly events, monster hunts, assassinations, and more.
• Endless loot and crafting systems that let players customize their appearance and load-out for specific challenges.
I have tried the first few levels of the game, and there is indeed some challenge when it comes to boss fights if you are a “lazy” player like me who hates active dodging. I am probably going to get crucified for saying Pagan Online has some similarities with Diablo, but there certainly are. Co-op gameplay mode is arriving in the future, which is really a downer for me even though you can see other players in town. And only just 9 potions allowed each time? Really? If you like solo gameplay, Pagan Online is a must-get now!