[Game website] Over at PAX East 2014, Blizzard Entertainment revealed a couple of new heroes for their upcoming hero brawler (they prefer this than MOBA), Heroes of the Storm. While I remember seeing Brightwing a few days back, the other 3 are entirely new, including the adorable Pandaren, LiLi.
- Lili is a new support hero with an ability set that helps her to very effectively aid her teammates throughout the game.
- She has lots of ways to protect herself and allies, and she doesn’t need to be babysat.
- Brightwing has the ability to passively heal any allies nearby.
- She can also transform enemies into animals.
- Brightwing is a versatile support hero capable of teleporting from ally to ally, healing them and providing them with the help they need to succeed in battle.
- Zagara has map-wide components to her design.
- She can drop Creep Tumors to spread Zerg Creep, which helps speed up her movement speed, as well as the speed of her summons.
- What’s more, Zagara can use her Nydus Worms to hop back and forth around the map, giving her plenty of opportunity to Creep up and siege multiple lanes at once.
- When we talked about putting Murky in the game, we initially struggled with what to do with him. Making him a really powerful hero just didn’t seem to fit quite right (he is a Murloc, you know.) Instead, we chose to make him very, very weak, but incredibly persistent.
- Murky can lay an egg which he can use to respawn near instantly upon being killed. If his egg is destroyed, Murky will face the same respawn timers as other heroes do, so be sure to hide it well!
- Murky is going to die A LOT, but he’s a hero who eventually overwhelms enemies across multiple battles. He doesn’t need to win every fight; he just needs to win once.
For the attendees of the Blizzard booth over at PAX East 2014, sneak peek of three additional new heroes who are also in development were shown: Chen, Kael’thas, and Sylvanas. Heroes of the Storm is currently in the Alpha phase, and it is scheduled to launch later this year.