Last month, I first posted about Shanda Game’s upcoming MMORPG, World Zero (link). Having touched on the kind-of-unique world creation system, I thought I would talk more about it. World Zero takes place in a Chinese martial arts setting, which is similar to most online games such as Age of Wulin.
The world creation system is a separate feature, where each and every player has the rights to create their own world. Something almost similar to The Sims, players get to allocate various structures and monsters. A video guide was posted earlier (below), though only touching on the basics of the system.
1. Players are able to get resource scrolls for buildings, plants and monsters to place in their own worlds by defeating the core world’s mobs, completing quests and via events.
2. By clicking on the big “Creation” button on the UI, players will be sent to the world creation lobby instantly.
3. Talking to the Crystal of Creation NPC, players can start a new world by first naming it, followed by choosing a map template to begin.
4. Well, I am sure you are asking if the world creation system is limited to only 1 map, but as of now I have no information if a player can create many and link them together.
5. Next will be placing the various resources. As you can see from the video, you can adjust the position and size of buildings and monsters. For the monsters, players can even set if it is passive or aggressive, level, patrol area, edit its name, level of toughness, items and gold dropped, experience points and how long before it respawns.
6. It is always crucial to save the edits made, preferably each time a change is done.
7. After confirming the new world, its name will appear on the world lobby, along with worlds created by other players. This will allow players to visit each others’ worlds (after a small download).
8. According to my knowledge and information, there are still a number of features not implemented for the world creation system during the current Alpha phase.