This news was online for a few days now, but I guess I would post it since there isn’t really any news of interest to put up today. I am lazy finding screenshots for my posts! Ok, back to topic, TERA Korea recently added the new political system into the game, where players will vote for several candidates to be come the leader of the server. The elected leader (or President) will then defend his territory for 3 weeks and fanning off any hostile groups. He or she will also need to manage the server’s economy, like taxes etc. I covered about the supposedly “rigged” system before, and now I will add in the aftermath.
1. The leaders were finally chosen for each server.
2. In the popular servers, each leader was estimated to be given in-game currency worth 7.8million gold (or whatever the currency is called in Korea), and that is the amount after the 1% tax from each source of income. And oh, it is a daily handout. If I am not wrong, this amount is collected from taxes paid by players when they use 6 functions as seen below, including buying from NPCs, using teleport services, buying skills etc.
3. The above system caused much furor amongst the players. The elected leader can actually opt not to upgrade the various in-game features for the server’s players and use the gold on his characters.
4. The server underwent an emergency maintenance not long after players started protesting online and made the following changes:
a) Each account can now only vote once overall, instead of voting once in each server previously.
b) Only players of level 20 and above may cast a vote, compared to no level limit previously.
c) Specific details of the voting process, including updated number of votes, will now be removed. Only the final number of votes will be shown.
5. To be fair to the “honest” leaders, some of them also protested that certain features are too expensive to maintain and activate as well. There are currently no news about adjusting these fees.
So what powers does this leader has? While my Korean is really not up to mark, here is a short description. Please note that the information might be wrong!
1. The elected leader will have the ability to place special NPCs in towns, selling various exclusive items like unique potions, charms, spells etc.
2. Ability to place an auction house NPC at smaller towns, so players will not have to travel back to the main city to bid or sell items.
3. Ability to place skill trainer NPCs at smaller towns, so players will not have to travel back to the main city to learn new skills.
4. Changing of PK rules in certain maps.
5. Ability to summon a special NPC to fully recover players.
6. Set tax rates.