2 players (representing 2 guilds) who participated in the China-wide preview of Forsaken World recently went to the head office of Perfect World Beijing for an early preview of the upcoming China Closed Beta. The 2 players actually submitted a list of suggestions and problems to the team, and here are some changes which will be made to the upcoming Closed Beta on 25th March.
1. More features/ details will be added when creating characters. Players were complaining the customizing weren’t up to mark compared to other games. Eye shape, tattoos and hair color are now customizable. Unfortunately, character height is still at default.
2. Some costumes (I think they meant armor or equipment) are class specific, some are not.
3. Character height will be discussed again in the future within the development team to see if its feasible to make it customizable.
4. There will be many more skills between level 40 and 60.
5. The female player complained that all the BUFF skills are concentrated on the Bard, and asked if Priests get more useful skills. And yes, but only 1 more BUFF skill was added for Priest. The developer was not willing to divulge what kind of BUFF it is, but said it will be very useful and players will find out during the Closed Beta.
6. Content for level 40-60 will be added. Expect new skills, maps, instances, quests and activities.
7. The female player complained about some quests not being able to auto-trace to the final NPC. The developer replied that the reason should be the distance to the NPC might be too far, hence auto-track could not work. The system has now been polished and ready for Closed Beta.
8. Drop rates for equipments for this Closed Beta will be lowered compared to the China-wide Preview Beta.
9. Mounts will be available for this Closed Beta, and the team specifically designed many more “cute” pets. I wonder what does his “cute” mean, since so far, the pets are rather… not “cute” lol. Some pets will be gained through quests instead of capturing them.
10. Pet instances will be increased to a level 30 requirement to avoid players facing too many features within a shirt time.
11. The off-hand equipment slot will be opened for this Closed Beta. The developers refused to divulge what’s its use and urge players to discover themselves. They will tell the 2 lucky players/interviewers privately… damn it lol. He later added its not a weapon slot… but a class specific item. Shouldn’t be for the XP skill item I think, the 2 gamers would have guessed it.
12. XP skills will take less than an hour to recharge. You can see the XP sill in action in the video above, where 1 shot killed many monsters on screen. When players reach a certain percentage of their experience bar (developer mentioned 20% and 50%), the XP skill gauge and HP/MP bars will be replenished.
13. The female gamer enquired if any changes were made to Soul PK, as the Souls dropped were hard to see and have to be picked manually. The developers said that the Souls’ effect and color will be edited for a clearer view. There will still be no auto-pick for Souls. Automated Soul PK mode will also be added without clicking when attacked by players or attacking other players. Players can choose to turn this automated feature off.